The Loetz Glassworks was established in Klostermule, Austria in 1840. The firm continued to produce fine artwork, until WWII.
This is an exceptional all original piece of signed 'Austria Loetz' done in a large compote design. This piece stands an impressive 9" high and has a diameter of 7" across the top. The bottom pedestal measures 4 1/2" in diameter across the bottom. Notice the double ring on this compote where the stem meets the bowl on this compote. The bowl portion has a fluted scalloped edge, and interior has an iridized finish, while the exterior has a golden mottled appearance.